B. V. Raju
|B. V. Raju|
BhupathiRaju Vissam Raju
October 15, 1920|
Kumudavalli, Andhra Pradesh
|Died||8 June 2002 81)(aged|
Bhupathiraju Vissam Raju (1920-2002) is an Indian industrialist, a former chairman of Raasi Cements and the Cement Corporation of India and one of the pioneers of Indian cement industry. He was the director of Sagi Ramakrishnam Raju Constructions and Prasad and Company Project Works Limited. He was also interested in ceramics and refractory industries and is the founder of the Padmasri Dr. B.V Raju Institute of Technology. The Government of India awarded him the fourth-highest Indian civilian award of Padma Shri in 1977 and followed it with the third-highest honour of Padma Bhushan in 2001.
- "India Cements acquires Raasi to become #2". Rediff. 7 April 1998. Retrieved June 27, 2015.
- "All Company Data". All Company Data. 2015. Retrieved June 27, 2015.
- "Bhupathiraju Vissam Raju — Director". Zauba Corp. 2015. Retrieved June 27, 2015.
- "About Padmasri Dr. B.V Raju Institute of Technology". XBizy. 2015. Archived from the original on June 29, 2015. Retrieved June 27, 2015.
- "Padma Shri" (PDF). Padma Shri. 2015. Archived from the original (PDF) on November 15, 2014. Retrieved June 18, 2015.
- "Padma Bhushan Awardees". Government of India. 2015. Retrieved June 27, 2015.