Allen Lee Haff|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||5|
|No. of episodes||105 (list of episodes)|
|Running time||22 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Gurney Productions|
|Original release||November 9, 2010 – May 9, 2015|
In June 2011, Spike announced that it had ordered a third season of auction hunters with 26 episodes. In August 2012, Spike announced that it had ordered a fourth season of 26 episodes. The fourth season premiered on January 30, 2013. On April 11, 2014, Spike ordered a 20-episode fifth season that premiered in late 2014. Season 5 encompasses the duo as they expand their business past storage unit auctions. On April 8, 2015, Spike announced that season five would be the final season, which made the program the longest-running nonscripted show on Spike at the time.
The show follows Allen Haff, and Clinton Jones (aka 'Ton'), who have experience in a variety of fields including guns and mystery safes, as they participate in storage unit auctions throughout Southern California and occasionally other locations around the United States. Each episode leads viewers through the pair's activities of bidding on and winning abandoned storage units, appraising the items found within, and selling the most lucrative and interesting pieces to experts or collectors.
Each episode begins with a text disclaimer stating that Haff and Jones purchase hundreds of units each year, and that only their rarest and most valuable finds are presented on the show. They claim that most of their units end up making little to no money, and that in fact they follow the 80%/20% rule in that they make 80% of their profit from 20% of the units they buy.
Recurring character Robin "Big Sis" Matte, died May 12, 2014, at the age of 37 from stage 4 ovarian cancer that moved to her lungs. She was a 12-year survivor. A memorial appeared at the end of the first episode of the 5th season.
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||8||November 9, 2010||December 21, 2010|
|2||27||April 5, 2011||November 29, 2011|
|3||26||March 21, 2012||September 26, 2012|
|4||26||January 30, 2013||March 29, 2014|
|5||20||October 11, 2014||May 9, 2015|
- Andreeva, Nellie (June 20, 2011). "Spike TV Renews 'Auction Hunters' For Third Season, Plans Live Episode". Deadline. Retrieved July 22, 2018.
- "Spike TV Renews 'Auction Hunters' And 'American Digger'". Deadline. August 7, 2012. Retrieved August 8, 2012.
- "Allen Haff and Ton Jones to Open Their Own Storefront in "Auction Hunters: Pawnshop Edition"". The Futon Critic. Retrieved January 8, 2013.
- Goldberg, Lesley (April 11, 2014). "Spike TV Renews 'Auction Hunters' for Fifth Season". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved April 11, 2014.
- "Breaking News - Spike TV's Hit Original Series "Auction Hunters" Ends Its Profitable Run After Five Seasons - TheFutonCritic.com". thefutoncritic.com. Retrieved May 6, 2015.