|Operating bases||Istanbul Atatürk Airport|
|Focus cities||Adnan Menderes Airport|
|Company slogan||A World Beyond Dreams|
Ali Murat Ersoy, ChairmanOrhan Coskun, CEO
AtlasGlobal, named Atlasjet until 31 March 2015, is a Turkish airline headquartered in Istanbul, which operates scheduled domestic and international passenger services as well as charter flights, mostly out of its base at Istanbul Atatürk Airport.
The airline was established on 14 March 2001 and started operations on 1 June 2001. Formerly known as Atlasjet International Airlines, it was set up as a subsidiary of Öger Holdings. As of February 1, 2006, Öger's 45% share at Atlasglobal was taken over and Murat Ersoy became the President of Board of Directors at Atlasglobal. The company is led by its CEO Orhan Coşkun had 730 employees (as of 2007).
In August 2012, AtlasGlobal Airlines contracted Ryan International Airlines, a US airline, to operate religious pilgrimage flights to cities such as Medina and Tel Aviv. In January 2013 AtlasGlobal failed to fulfill the payments to Ryan International, which prompted the termination of the co-operation without advance notice. Ryan International Airlines, already in a bankruptcy reorganization process, was not able to recover from the loss and therefore faced impending financial difficulties, which led to its liquidation.
|McDonnell Douglas MD-83|
Accidents and incidents
- On 18 August 2007, Atlasjet Flight 1011 from Ercan, Northern Cyprus to Istanbul, Turkey, which was operated by a McDonnell Douglas MD-83 (registered TC-AKN), was hijacked by two passengers shortly after take-off. The perpetrators claimed to be members of Al Qaeda carrying explosives, and demanded the pilots to divert to Tehran, Iran. Instead, the aircraft landed at Antalya Airport in Turkey at 08:15 local time, officially in order to refuel. Negotiations with the local authorities began, during which all females and children on board were allowed to leave. A ruckus occurred when other passengers and crew tried to flee during which the hijackers surrendered. There were no notable injuries among the 138 other passengers and 5 crew members on board.
- On 30 November 2007, Atlasjet Flight 4203 from Istanbul to Isparta crashed upon approaching Isparta Süleyman Demirel Airport, killing all 50 passengers and 7 crew members on board. The aircraft that operated this flight was wet-leased from World Focus Airlines.
- On 27 July 2017, AtlasGlobal Flight 1010 from Istanbul to Ercan, Northern Cyprus, an Airbus A320 with 121 passengers and 6 crew members suffered severe damage from hailstones. The nose of the aircraft became dented and both windshields became opaque. The pilot diverted back to Istanbul Ataturk Airport and was forced to perform an instrumental landing. The aircraft landed safely and there were no injuries.
- "Neue Marke Atlas Global: Atlasjet zeigt globale Ambitionen - aeroTELEGRAPH". 21 March 2015. Retrieved 13 May 2017.
- "Headquarters and Call Center Archived 7 July 2011 at the Wayback Machine.." Atlasjet. Retrieved 16 February 2011.
- "Directory: World Airlines". Flight International. 27 March 2007. p. 80.
- Rockford's Ryan International Airlines liquidating WREX. 12 January 2013. Retrieved 28 January 2014.
- Charter Carrier Ryan International Airlines Grounds All Flights, Seeks Liquidation NYC Aviation. 11 January 2013. Retrieved 28 January 2014.
- Atlasjet timetable. Archived 27 June 2009 at the Wayback Machine. Atlasjet. Retrieved 26 February 2013.
- Bosnian, Flying (4 March 2017). "Bosnia and Herzegovina aviation news: ✈ Atlas Global to launch Sarajevo flights in June!". Retrieved 13 May 2017.
- "Aviationdk on Twitter". twitter.com.
- "index". www.aeroportsdeparis.fr. Retrieved 13 May 2017.
- "Atlasjet to Start Istanbul – Tbilisi Service from October 2013". Routesonline. 19 September 2013. Retrieved 20 September 2013.
- Liu, Jim (1 November 2017). "AtlasGlobal adds Istanbul – Tel Aviv service in W17". Routesonline. Retrieved 1 November 2017.
- "AtlasGlobal Adds Milan Link from August 2016". routesonline. Retrieved 9 June 2016.
- "AtlasGlobal schedules new Russia/CIS routes in March 2017". routesonline. Retrieved 14 December 2016.
- L, J (14 April 2015). "AtlasGlobal to Begin Bishkek Service from mid-June 2015". Airline Route. Retrieved 15 April 2015.
- "AtlasGlobal Continues Middle East Expansion in S16". airlineroute. Retrieved 3 February 2016.
- "AtlasGlobal Re-schedules Doha Launch to July 2016". Retrieved 6 May 2016.
- "Turkish Airlines / AtlasGlobal Commences Cluj Service from July 2016". routesonline. Retrieved 3 June 2016.
- Liu, Jim (18 April 2017). "AtlasGlobal continues Russia expansion in S17". Routesonline. Retrieved 18 April 2017.
- Костоглодов, Денис (3 July 2015). "С сентября открываются регулярные авиарейсы из Калининграда в Стамбул". Калининград.Ru. Retrieved 3 July 2015.
- "Из Казани в турецкую Анталью хотят открыть рейсы 9 авиакомпаний". inkazan. 24 March 2017. Retrieved 24 March 2017.
- Liu, Jim (3 August 2017). "AtlasGlobal adds Istanbul – Moscow service from Sep 2017". Routesonline. Retrieved 3 August 2017.
- "В АЭРОПОРТУ "БЕГИШЕВО" ОТКРЫЛСЯ НОВЫЙ АВИАМАРШРУТ ДО СТАМБУЛА И ОБРАТНО". ТАТМЕДИА. 12 January 2014. Retrieved 13 January 2014.
- "Расписание рейсов". platov.aero.
- "AtlasGlobal će umesto Air Serbije leteti između Istanbula i Beograda - Aviatica". www.aviatica.rs. Retrieved 13 May 2017.
- "AtlasGlobal Adds New Domestic Routes in S16". routesonline. Retrieved 3 June 2016.
- "AtlasGlobal resumes London Stansted flights from Oct 2016". routesonline. Retrieved 7 September 2016.
- planespotters.net - AtlasGlobal Fleet Details and History retrieved 5 October 2017
- "Atlas Jet Fleet - Airfleets aviation". www.airfleets.net. Retrieved 13 May 2017.
- Atlasjet Flight 1011 Aviation Safety Network.
- Atlasjet Flight 4203 Aviation Safety Network.
- "Pilot lands plane with 127 passengers 'blind' after hailstones shattered cockpit windscreen". 31 July 2017.
- "Incident: Atlasglobal A320 near Istanbul on Jul 27th 2017, hail strike". avherald.com.