2018.1 / March 28, 2018
|Type||Integrated development environment|
- Coding assistance with code completion, code generation options, live templates, code formatting, multiple carets and selections, automatic insert of imports and imports optimization.
- Code analysis with syntax and error highlighting, and quick-fixes.
- Project and code navigation: special project views, file structure views, and quick jumping between files, classes, methods and usages, navigation through class hierarchy, and usages search.
- Refactorings including Rename, Introduce Variable, Extract Parameter/Method/Block Parameter, Change Signature, Move, etc.
- iOS development: run/debug on device, iOS simulator.
- Integrated plugin for the Reveal too to inspect the iOS application with 2D/3D visualisation and changing view parameters on-the-fly.
- Integrated debugger with breakpoints, frames, watches and expression evaluation.
- Unit testing support: OCUnit, Kiwi, Google Test, XCTest.
- Internationalization support.
- Seamless CocoaPods integration including quick fix to install missing pods.
- Xcode interoperability without additional configuration: files and changes are synchronized automatically.
- Version Control integration: unified user interface for Git, GitHub, Mercurial, Subversion, Perforce, CVS.
- Integration with issue tracking systems: Atlassian JIRA, JetBrains YouTrack, Lighthouse, Pivotal Tracker, GitHub, Redmine, Trac.
Licensing and updates policy
AppCode license is permanent and includes one year of free product upgrades since the purchase date, including major version upgrades.
The following types of licenses are available for AppCode:
- Personal License (paid, for individual developers)
- Commercial License (paid, for companies and organisations)
- Academic License (free, for students and teachers)
- Classroom License (free, for trainers and educational institutions)
- Open Source Project License (free, for open source projects)
- Alex Blewitt. "JetBrains releases AppCode, an IDE for Objective-C". InfoQ. Retrieved 27 October 2011.
- Johann Dowa (February 2012). "An In-Depth Look At The JetBrains AppCode IDE vs. Xcode". ManiacDev.Com.
- Justin Driscoll (January 2013). "One Week With AppCode". The Main Thread.
- André Michael Bonkowski. "Refactoring in AppCode". blog.bonkowski.net. Retrieved 10 February 2013.
- Alexey Ushakov. "iOS Development Gems in AppCode". Slideshare. Retrieved 1 March 2014.
- Sean Woodhouse. "Reveal your iOS applications from AppCode". Itty Bitty Apps. Retrieved 7 May 2014.
- rwilcox. "Cocoapods, AppCode and where POD gets installed to". rwilcox.tumblr.com. Retrieved 25 November 2013.
- Vadim Shpakovski. "9 Reasons to try AppCode for Objective-C coding". blog.shpakovski.com. Retrieved 25 February 2014.