Cover of simultaneous Polish and English edition of Rethinking Poles and Jews titled Polacy i Żydzi by Annamaria Orla-Bukowska with Prof. Robert D. Cherry
|Notable works||Rethinking Poles and Jews: Troubled Past, Brighter Future|
Dr. Annamaria Orla-Bukowska is a social anthropologist at the Institute of Sociology of the Jagiellonian University in Kraków; and the Professor/Lecturer at the Center for Social Studies / Graduate School for Social Research of the Polish Academy of Sciences in Warsaw. Her general field of research is genocide and its social consequences as well as majority-minority relations. Orla-Bukowska is a 2004 Yad Vashem Fellow.
Rethinking Poles and Jews [Polacy i Żydzi]
Annamaria Orla-Bukowska is the co-author of Rethinking Poles and Jews: Troubled Past, Brighter Future, the 2007 book produced in collaboration with Professor Robert Cherry of Brooklyn College and published in English as well as in Polish under the title Polacy i Żydzi – kwestia otwarta (pictured). It consists of a series of essays devoted to the subject of the Holocaust in Poland; one of the first books to address the negative assumptions and anti-Polish bias in the Holocaust literature. The book was described by Michael C. Steinlauf as "a ray of light amidst the acrimonious and generally uninformed polemics", and by Deborah Lipstadt as "a series of essays that pierce the stereotypes which have obscured historical reality".
- Annamaria Orla-Bukowska, Grażyna Skąpska; "The moral fabric in contemporary societies", Institut international de sociologie, Volume 2001. World Congress, 2003. 379 pages
- Annamaria Orla-Bukowska, Robert D. Cherry, Rethinking Poles and Jews: troubled past, brighter future, 2007. 230 pages, Holocaust Studies
- Annamaria Orla-Bukowska, Robert Cherry, Polacy i Zydzi: Kwestia Otwarta. Warsaw: Wiez. Polish edition of Rethinking Poles and Jews, 2009
- Annamaria Orla-Bukowska, Krzysztof Gorlach, Zygmunt Seręga, Family farming in the contemporary world: East-West comparisons, 1995. 187 pages
- Annamaria Orla-Bukowska, Book of abstracts: crossing categorical boundaries, Biennial EASA Conference, European Association of Social Anthropologists – 2000. 306 pages
Notes and references
- "The Moral Fabric in Contemporary Societies". The Annals of the International Institute of Sociology – Volume 9. 2003. ISBN 9789004131149. Retrieved 5 April 2012.
- "Orla-Bukowska, Annamaria – scholar details". European Association for Jewish Studies, Yarnton, United Kingdom. 2010. Retrieved 5 April 2012.
- "Professor Annamaria Orla-Bukowska". CSS/SNS. Graduate School for Social Research, Warsaw. 2006. Archived from the original (Internet Archive) on 7 April 2014. Retrieved 5 April 2012.
- "Inauthor: Annamaria Orla-Bukowska". Google Books. Retrieved 5 April 2012.
- Reviews and Book Description of Rethinking Poles and Jews: Troubled Past, Brighter Future. Amazon.com Books. Accessed 7 March 2012.
- Review of Rethinking Poles and Jews: Troubled Past, Brighter Future. Polish Cultural Institute, New York. March 2012.
- Review of Rethinking Poles and Jews: Troubled Past, Brighter Future. Polonia Portal. Polish American Congress, 3 January 2008.