Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
|Alma mater||University of South Florida|
She was the first woman to host a call-in sports show on WFAN-New York, where she hosted a sports talk show for over 20 years and continues as the station's golf and tennis correspondent, covering events including The Masters, the U.S. Open, PGA Championships, US Open (tennis) and special competitions such as the Ryder Cup.
She is also a golf and tennis correspondent for CBS Sports Radio Network. She has covered six Olympics (both the Summer and Winter Games) in a variety of roles including talk show host, reporter and play-by-play commentator for the network radio rights holders including ABC Radio Sports, CBS Radio Sports and Westwood One Radio Network.
Life and career
Born in Cincinnati, Ohio, Liguori spent most of her childhood in Brecksville, Ohio, a suburb of Cleveland, after her father accepted a position as Dean of Business Administration at Cuyahoga Community College and moved the family there when Ann was 6 years old. Liguori is a University of South Florida (USF) graduate. She serves on the USF Foundation Board and has established an endowed scholarship in the College of Arts & Sciences in memory of her late brother Jim. She also serves on the Women’s Advisory Board of the Westhampton Beach Performing Arts Center, is on the Board of the Metropolitan Golf Writers Association (MGWA), is an Advisory Board Member for Doonbeg Golf Club in western Ireland and has served on the Board of Trustees for the National Academy of TV Arts and Sciences, NY Chapter.
Liguori is president of Ann Liguori Productions and owns an extensive library of her own award-winning broadcast interviews with over 600 of the top legends in sports including Mickey Mantle, Ted Williams, Wilt Chamberlain, Sam Snead, Hank Aaron and Billie Jean King, to name a few.
She has the distinction of being the host, executive producer and the owner of “Sports Innerview with Ann Liguori,” the longest-running cable sports show owned, hosted and produced by a woman. Liguori was also the first woman to host and produce her own weekly, prime-time series on The Golf Channel, “Conversations with Ann Liguori,” where she interviewed top names in entertainment, music, sports and business while golfing with them. The series aired on TGC the first five years of the Channel's inception. Guests included an ‘A List’ of celebrities that Liguori booked for the show including Kevin Costner, Sylvester Stallone, Celine Dion, Vince Gill, Smokey Robinson, Joe Pesci, Matthew McConaughey, among others. The interviews focus on the celebrity’s success stories and their passion for golf. She turned those interviews into her book, "A Passion for Golf, Celebrity Musings About the Game" which came out in a second printing in 2007. She currently writes a weekly column for CBS New York. Her weekly radio show, “Sports Innerview with Ann Liguori” airs each Saturday on NPR affiliate WPPB. Her writing appears in The Huffington Post and Hamptons Magazine. In addition to her entrepreneurial and philanthropic work, Liguori is a media/marketing consultant for Independent Group Home Living (IGHL) and a corporate spokesperson and motivational speaker. Liguori is an Ambassador for Cross Golf USA. She has been a spokesperson and/or consulted for Bobby Jones Golf clubs, TaylorMade-Adidas and IZOD Club. Ann Liguori Productions has worked with dozens of companies in the sponsorship arena including CIT, Platinum Maintenance, American Portfolios, Rolex, Tourism Ireland, Sharp Electronics, Volvo, Danskin, Lincoln Mercury, Federal Express, Advil, McDonald's, Continental Airlines, Ashford Castle, Tralee Golf Club, Morgan Stanley, Kiawah Resort Development, Callaway Golf, Orlimar, Ping (golf), SuperShuttle, Desert Mountain Properties, Aer Lingus, Select SPDRs, SP Industries and Titanium Scaffold Services.
In 2008, Liguori founded the Ann Liguori Foundation to raise money for cancer prevention and cancer care. Each year, she hosts the Ann Liguori Foundation Charity Golf Classic which takes place in The Hamptons at a prestigious golf club. Monies raised continue to support a variety of not-for-profit organizations including KiDS NEED MORE, a camp on Shelter Island every August for young people with cancer and their siblings; American Cancer Society, St.Jude Children's Research Hospital, Els for Autism, Solid Rock Foundation, Play for Pink, East End Hospice, Southampton Hospital,Ovarian Cancer Research Fund and camps that teach nutrition for young people, just to name a few.
In 2001, Liguori was the first woman in sports media honored with the Association for Women in Communications’ Headliner Award, previously given to Barbara Walters and Katharine Graham. In 2012, she was named one of the top women in sports media by the Los Angeles Daily News and that same year was honored with the Debbie Gibson Girls Humanitarian Award. Liguori was only the fourth female in the 52-year history of the Bob Hope Classic to play as a celebrity golfer when she played in the PGA Tour event in January, 2011. She played with eventual Master’s winner Bubba Watson on the second day of the tournament.
- "Ann Liguori « CBS New York". Newyork.cbslocal.com. Retrieved 2013-10-18.
- "Ann Liguori: Bode Miller - Defiant, Fiercely Independent And Olympic Gold Medalist!". Huffingtonpost.com. 2010-02-22. Retrieved 2013-10-18.
- "Ann Liguori: Larisa Latynina, The Forgotten All-Time Olympics Record Holder « CBS New York". Newyork.cbslocal.com. 2012-08-01. Retrieved 2013-10-18.
- "USF-University of South Florida Foundation, Inc. Nonprofit profile". Thegivingpartner.guidestar.org. 2013-10-14. Retrieved 2013-10-18.
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2013-11-12. Retrieved 2013-09-26.
- "Westhampton Beach Performing Arts Center". Whbpac.org. Archived from the original on 2013-11-12. Retrieved 2013-10-18.
- Donelson, Dave (2011-10-26). "Dave Donelson Tee To Green: Met Golf Writers Welcome New President". Davedonelsonteetogreen.blogspot.com. Retrieved 2013-10-18.
- "Golf Club Membership Clare - Golf Club Membership Ireland - Irish Golf Membership - Doonbeg Hotel Golf & Spa Resort, Co Clare, West of Ireland". Doonbeglodge.com. Archived from the original on 2009-09-16. Retrieved 2013-10-18.
- "Sports radio and television broadcaster and interviewer - Store - Television". Ann Liguori. Retrieved 2013-10-18.
- "Ann Liguori | WPPB". Peconicpublicbroadcasting.org. Retrieved 2013-10-18.
- "Golf with WFAN Radio's golf correspondent Ann Liguori! | Sportsideo.com member Donna Martini". Sportsideo.com. 2013-04-07. Archived from the original on 2013-09-27. Retrieved 2013-10-18.
- Ann Ligouri (Author) (1997-10-01). "A Passion for Golf: Celebrity Musings About the Game: Ann Ligouri: 9780878339723: Amazon.com: Books". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2013-10-18.
- "Ann Liguori « CBS New York". Newyork.cbslocal.com. Retrieved 2013-10-18.
- "Ann Liguori". Huffingtonpost.com. Retrieved 2013-10-18.
- "Tennis Expert Ann Liguori Examines the Upcoming US Open :: Articles". Hamptons Magazine. Retrieved 2013-10-18.
- "Ann Liguori". 5forFoley.com. Archived from the original on 2014-02-01. Retrieved 2013-10-18.
- "Ann Liguori Speaker Fee | Contact Booking Agent for Appearances & Speaking Engagements". Nopactalent.com. Archived from the original on 2014-02-02. Retrieved 2013-10-18.
- "Cross Golf USA Announces Two New Cross Golf USA Ambassadors Just In Time For The Launch Of Exciting 2012 Golf Apparel Collection For Men, Women And Children At The PGA Merchandising Show January 26-28 In Booth 4751. » The Wire". Golfbusinesswire.com. 2012-01-24. Retrieved 2013-10-18.
- "The Wire". Golfbusinesswire.com. 2005-04-08. Retrieved 2013-10-18.
- "The Wire: Golf's Only Daily Transaction Newsletter". Golftransactions.com. 2004-05-20. Retrieved 2013-10-18.
- "6th Annual Ann Liguori American Cancer Society Golf Classic". Golftransactions.com. Retrieved 2013-10-18.
- "Sports radio and television broadcaster and interviewer - Sponsors". Ann Liguori. Retrieved 2013-10-18.
- "Guest Post: Events that inspire! – Part II | What Gives???". Whatgivesphilanthropy.com. 2012-07-23. Retrieved 2013-10-18.
- EastHampton (2012-05-17). "The Ann Liguori Foundation Charity Golf Classic - Sports Event, - East Hampton, NY Patch". Easthampton.patch.com. Retrieved 2013-10-18.
- "Out And About | For The Cause | Ann Liguori Foundation Charity Golf Classic". Hamptons.com. Retrieved 2013-10-18.
- "Ann Liguori to Host Golf Tournament at The Bridge - Dan's Papers". Danspapers.com. 2013-05-07. Retrieved 2013-10-18.
- "15th Annual Ann Liguori Foundation Charity Golf Classic a success | World Golf News". Worldgolf.com. Retrieved 2013-10-18.
- "The Association for Women in Communications". Womcom.org. Retrieved 2013-10-18.
- "TITLE IX, 40 YEARS LATER: Broadcasters continue to give a voice to the legacy". Dailynews.com. Retrieved 2013-10-18.
- "Gala 2012". Gibson Girl Foundation. 2012-05-21. Archived from the original on 2013-09-20. Retrieved 2013-10-18.
- "Ann Liguori To Tee Off At The Bob Hope Classic « CBS New York". Newyork.cbslocal.com. 2010-12-09. Retrieved 2013-10-18.
- "Ann Liguori: It's Not Officially Spring Until the Masters". Huffingtonpost.com. 2011-04-01. Retrieved 2013-10-18.