|Birth name||Anita Spanner|
|Born||December 22, 1960|
|Origin||Fürstenfeld District, Austria|
Eurovision Song Contest
Anita came to the Austrian Eurovision selection in 1984 as a virtual unknown, but her song "Einfach weg" ("Simply Gone") was the clear winner of the 12 entrants, sending her to the 29th Eurovision Song Contest, held in Luxembourg City on 5 May. In Luxembourg however, "Einfach weg" (with Gary Lux among the backing vocalists) met an ignominious fate, finishing in last place of the 19 entries garnering only 5 points, well below the 26 points of the next-lowest ranked song from Yugoslavia.
Anita released further singles but could not repeat the success of "Einfach weg" in the home market. In 1991, she again took part in the Austrian Eurovision selection, but "Land in Sicht" ("Land In Sight") could only finish seventh of the 10 songs.
In the mid-1990s Anita withdrew from the public eye to raise a family. She has recently returned to performing as a member of a seven-piece live band called Hit4You.
- "ESC National Finals database - 1984". Natfinals.50webs.com. Retrieved 2011-12-25.
- "1984". ESC History. 1984-05-05. Retrieved 2011-12-25.
- "Einfach weg" at diggiloo.net
- Steffen Hung. "Austrian Chart database". Austriancharts.at. Retrieved 2011-12-25.
- "ESC National Finals database - 1991". Natfinals.50webs.com. Retrieved 2011-12-25.
| Austria in the Eurovision Song Contest