Founded in 2006, and backed by Israeli Venture Capital firm Jerusalem Venture Partners (JVP), the studio has been developing its first feature film, The Wild Bunch, as the first feature length CGI animation film produced in Israel.
- Gavish, Izhar. Start-up Animation Lab launches high-tech filmmaking in Israel. Haaretz. April 20, 2008. Accessed on: July 23, 2008.
- Fritz, Ben (April 23, 2007). "Animation Lab goes 'Wild': Israeli studio unites LaZebnik, Williams". Variety. Retrieved 2009-08-29.
- Inamdar, Shaker (Oct 17, 2017). "iRealities: 2D 3D Animation, Visual Effects (VFX), and Top Animation Studio in India". iRealities. Retrieved 2017-10-17.
- "Animation Lab to Produce First CGI Feature in Israel". Animation World Network. April 23, 2007. Archived from the original on 2009-09-03. Retrieved 2009-08-27.
- Ackerman, Gwen (July 27, 2009). "'Waltz With Bashir' Fuels Growth in Israel's Animation Industry". Bloomberg L.P. Retrieved 2009-08-27.
- Williams, Alex (February 11, 2013). "The End of Animation Lab". FLIP. Retrieved 2014-05-20.