Air Tahiti Nui
|Founded||31 October 1996|
|Commenced operations||20 November 1998|
|Hubs||Faa'a International Airport|
|Frequent-flyer program||Club Tiare|
|Company slogan||Where the journey begins|
|Headquarters||Papeete, Tahiti, French Polynesia|
|Key people||Michel Monvoisin, CEO|
Air Tahiti Nui was established on 31 October 1996 and commenced flight operations on 20 November 1998. It is the first international airline based in Papeete, Tahiti, formed to develop inbound tourism. The government of French Polynesia is the major shareholder (84.4%) along with other local investors. Currently, Air Tahiti Nui has 782 employees.
In May 2015, Air Tahiti Nui announced its intention to replace its entire fleet, currently consisting of five Airbus A340-300s. They will be replaced by four Boeing 787-9s, which are due to be delivered in 2018 and 2019.
|Auckland||New Zealand||Auckland International Airport|
|Los Angeles||United States||Los Angeles International Airport|
|Papeete||French Polynesia, France||Fa'a'a International Airport||Hub|
|Paris||France||Paris-Charles de Gaulle International Airport|
|Tokyo||Japan||Narita International Airport|
Air Tahiti Nui codeshares with the following airlines:
|Airbus A340-300||5||—||32||—||264||296||To be phased out by 2019|
To be replaced by the Boeing 787-9.
|Boeing 787-9||—||4||30||32||232||294||To be delivered by 2019.|
- "Contacter." Air Tahiti Nui. Retrieved on 2 February 2011. "Tahiti - Siège social Immeuble Dexter – Pont de L’Est – Papeete BP 1673 – 98713 Papeete – Tahiti."
- Flight International 27 March 2007
- "Air Tahiti Nui finalizes order for two B787-9s". ch-aviation. Retrieved 2018-04-11.
- "Air Tahiti Nui Route Information". Airtahitinui-usa.com. Retrieved 2018-04-11.
- "Profile on Air Tahiti Nui". CAPA. Centre for Aviation. Archived from the original on 2016-10-30. Retrieved 2016-10-30.
- "Global Airline Guide 2017 (Part One)". Airliner World (October 2017): 14.
- "Air Tahiti Nui partners with Boeing for new aircraft". "Air Tahiti Nui has announced that it will replace its entire long haul fleet with four new Boeing 787-9 aircraft. Delivery is expected to begin during the fourth quarter of 2018, coinciding with the company’s 20th anniversary celebrations."
- "Air Tahiti Nui schedules Boeing 787 Nov 2018 launch". Routesonline. Retrieved 2018-04-11.
- "RAPPORT D’OBSERVATIONS DEFINITIVES SEML AIR TAHITI NUI Exercices 2008 à 2011." (Archive) Chambre territoriale des comptes de Polynésie française. (in French)