|Founded||29 June 1990 (as World Air Network)|
Narita International Airport |
Tokyo International Airport
|Frequent-flyer program||ANA Mileage Club|
|Alliance||Star Alliance (affiliate)|
|Parent company||All Nippon Airways|
Narita International Airport|
Narita, Chiba, Japan
|Key people||Katsuhiro Ogami (President & CEO)|
|Employees||700 (as of April 1, 2014)|
Air Japan Co., Ltd. (株式会社エアージャパン Kabushiki-gaisha Eā Japan) is a charter airline based on the grounds of Narita International Airport in Narita, Chiba in Japan. It operates scheduled services under the ANA brand. It should not be confused with Air Nippon, another ANA subsidiary, or Japan Airlines (JAL), ANA's competitor. Its main base is Narita Airport. It was announced on 2 April 2010 that Air Japan and ANA & JP Express will merge, with Air Japan being the surviving company. Air Japan uses the All Nippon call sign on all flights except the Seoul Incheon, Hong Kong, and Narita-Honolulu routes which use the Air Japan call sign.
Air Japan was established as World Air Network on 29 June 1990 and became the charter airline arm of ANA, but ceased operation since September 1995. In 2000, World Air Network was renamed Air Japan and relaunched service in 2001, the first flight being from Osaka to Seoul, South Korea.
|Ho Chi Minh City||Vietnam||SGN||VVTS||Tan Son Nhat International Airport|
|Hong Kong||Hong Kong||HKG||VHHH||Hong Kong International Airport|
|Taipei||Taiwan||TPE||RCTP||Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport|
|Tokyo||Japan||NRT||RJAA||Narita International Airport||Hub|
All passenger routes are code-shared with All Nippon Airways and operate in a variant of ANA livery.
The Air Japan fleet consists of aircraft from the ANA mainline fleet. It is made up of 2 Boeing 767-300 and 28 Boeing 767-300ER aircraft. These aircraft are all flown by both ANA and Air Japan pilots. The 9 newest passenger aircraft are equipped with winglets.
|Boeing 767-300||2||Operated by All Nippon Airways|
|Boeing 767-300ER||28||Operated by All Nippon Airways|
- "Air Japan". ch-aviation. Retrieved 30 January 2017.
- Airline Codes retrieved 16 April 2006
- "Directory: World Airlines". Flight International. 2007-03-27. p. 58.
- ANA & JP and Air Japan Merger
- Japanese. "Company Information," Air Japan official site, accessed on 30 April 2007.
- "Corporate Profile." Air Japan. Retrieved on May 7, 2016. "Principle offices Narita airport 3B ANA Sky-center Narita airport Narita-city" - Japanese: "所在地 成田空港事務所 千葉県成田市成田国際空港ANAスカイセンター３B"
- "Company Guide." Air Japan. Retrieved on May 19, 2009. "本店 ： 東京都大田区東糀谷六丁目7番56号"
- Home Page, Air Japan
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Air Japan.|
- Official website (in Japanese)