|Minnesota Twins – No. 49|
Born: June 20, 1993|
Bonao, Dominican Republic
|August 20, 2016, for the Minnesota Twins|
|MLB statistics |
(through August 7, 2018)
|Earned run average||4.11|
Mejía signed as an international free agent with the San Francisco Giants. He pitched for the Augusta GreenJackets of the Class A South Atlantic League in 2012, and was named the league's Pitcher of the Week for June 18–24. He pitched for the San Jose Giants of the Class A-Advanced California League in 2013, where he had a 3.31 earned run average (ERA). The Giants assigned Mejía to the Richmond Flying Squirrels of the Class AA Eastern League in 2014, and he had a 4.67 ERA. After the season, Minor League Baseball suspended Mejía for the first fifty games of the 2015 season for testing positive for sibutramine, a banned substance. The Giants added him to their 40-man roster after the 2015 season. He began the 2016 season with the Sacramento River Cats of the Class AAA Pacific Coast League.
On July 28, 2016, Mejía was traded to the Minnesota Twins for Eduardo Núñez. The Twins assigned him to the Rochester Red Wings of the Class AAA International League. The Twins promoted Mejía to the major leagues on August 20.
- "Augusta GreenJackets Pitcher Adalberto Mejía's Hitless Bid Wins SAL Honors". wjbf.com. June 25, 2012. Retrieved June 10, 2015.
- "San Jose Giants feature familiar name and promising pitching prospects". mercurynews.com. Retrieved June 10, 2015.
- "Adalberto Mejia finding form for Richmond Flying Squirrels". MiLB.com. Retrieved June 10, 2015.
- "San Francisco Giants No. 4 prospect Adalberto Mejoa, free agent Luis Morel suspended". MiLB.com. Retrieved June 10, 2015.
- "Twins protect 7 prospects from Rule 5 Draft". Minnesota Twins. Retrieved February 6, 2016.
- Neal III, La Velle E. (July 28, 2016). "Twins trade All-Star Eduardo Nunez to San Francisco: Eduardo Nunez's best season encouraged Giants to part with lefthander Adalberto Mejia". Star Tribune. Retrieved July 28, 2016.
- Twins call up Mejia to give pitching staff a fresh arm - StarTribune.com