August 17, 1974|
Johi, Dadu, Sind, Pakistan
|Alma mater||University of Sindh, Mohammad Ali Jinnah University & University of Bridgeport|
|Known for||Wireless Sensor Networks|
|Institutions||University of Bridgeport|
|Doctoral advisor||Khaled Elleithy|
Abdul Razaque (born August 17, 1974, Johi, Dadu, Sind, Pakistan) is a Pakistani computer scientist, now based in the U.S., and an expert in designing mathematical models, particularly for the disaster recovery process in the field of wireless sensor networks. He was an active researcher in the Wireless and Mobile Communication Laboratory at the University of Bridgeport. He has been working as a visiting professor at Cleveland State University.
Razaque received his B.S. and M.S. degrees in Computer Science from the University of Sindh. Following this, he undertook his master's degree in Multimedia & Communication at Mohammad Ali Jinnah University, and pursued studies at University of Bridgeport in the USA, earning a PhD degree in 2014-15, under the supervision of Khaled Elleithy.
Research and publications
Razaque served as Head of Computer Science in the Federal Directorate of Education Model Colleges setup Wing F-10/3, Islamabad, Pakistan from April, 2002 to July, 2008. Razaque has been engaged in strategic planning activities of The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers as a Chair for the strategic and planning committee, IEEE (SAC) Region-1, United States for the year 2014, and Relational Officer, IEEE for (Europe, Africa and Middle East) SAC Region-8 for the year 2014. Dr. Razaque served as a jury member for the 2012-13 year, for The Royal Award For Islamic Finance, an international award offered every couple of years to recognize one exceptional individual who has excelled in advancing Islamic finance globally through outstanding performance and contribution.
- Nominated by Commonwealth of nations for the Distinguished Research Award, 2015
- Special award in 2014 from the Islamic Development Bank due to his scholarly work and socioeconomic activities
- One of five recipients awarded by the National Science Foundation (NSF) to present his research work in Plamero, Italy in October, 2013
- The Distinguished Alumnus Award in leadership from the Eisenhower Fellowships 2013-14
- Certificate of Excellence from the Student Programming Board, University of Bridgeport, Spring 2012
- Shell Pakistan Inspirational Award 2011
- Cultural exchange Fellow awarded by United States Educational Foundation in Pakistan, 2011
- Cultural Exchange Fellowship Award, 2011
- Distinguished Globe Award in sustainability Innovation from Globe Award organization, 2010
- Recognized by the Pakistan Science Foundation as outstanding Student Researcher in 2008
Razaque is CEO and owner of M-learning platform inc. that is fully secured platform supported with key management algorithms and cryptographic hash function, which helps the million users from the academia to open their classes and maintain the activities including the tasks automatically using smart Android phones.
- "USEFP :: The United States Educational Foundation in Pakistan". Usefpakistan.org. Retrieved 2015-07-12.
- "Modular Energy-Efficient and Robust Paradigms for a Disaster-Recovery Process over Wireless Sensor Networks". www.mdpi.com. Retrieved 2015-07-12.
- "Alumni | University of Bridgeport". Bridgeport.edu. Retrieved 2015-07-12.
- "ABDUL RAZAQUE, VISITING PROFESSOR | Cleveland State University". usuohio.edu. Archived from the original on 2015-09-27. Retrieved 2015-12-04.
- "Prof. Khaled Elleithy". Khaledelleithy.org. Retrieved 2015-07-12.
- "Abdul Razaque received PhD from USA with prestigious". dailywaqt.com/. July 7, 2015. Retrieved 2015-07-12.
- "Abdul Razaque from Sindh state received PhD from USA with great honor". lahore.ausaf.pk/. July 10, 2015. Retrieved 2015-07-12.
- "Abdul Razaque received PhD from USA with highest number of the research publications". e.dunya.com.pk/. July 11, 2015. Retrieved 2015-07-12.
- "IEEE Region 1 Student Activities Committee Organization Chart" (PDF). Ewh.ieee.org. February 17, 2014. Retrieved 2015-07-12.
- "UBecome :: Q&A with Dr. Abdul Razaque, Computer Science and Engineering". Ubecome.org. Retrieved 2015-07-12.
- "Keynote Speakers". asr.org/. Retrieved 2015-12-24.
- "Abdul Razaque, University of Bridgeport, USA". asr.org/. Retrieved 2015-12-24.
- "2012 IACSIT Summer Kuala Lumpur Conference Schedule, USA" (PDF). asr.org/. Retrieved 2015-12-24.
- "Mobile Learning - Mobile Learning for Everyone - Teaching, Training, Coaching, Learning". Wimcl.com. Retrieved 2015-07-12.