Asian Highway 1
|Length||20,557 km (12,774 mi)|
|East end||Tokyo, Japan|
|West end||Istanbul, Turkey|
|Countries||Tokyo, Japan via South Korea, North Korea, China, Southeast Asia, Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, Afghanistan and Iran to the border between Turkey and Bulgaria west of Istanbul where it joins end-on with European route E80|
Asian Highway 1 (AH1) is the longest route of the Asian Highway Network, running 20,557 km (12,774 mi) from Tokyo, Japan via Korea, China, Southeast Asia, Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, Afghanistan and Iran to the border between Turkey and Bulgaria west of Istanbul where it joins end-on with European route E80.
Shuto Expressway C1 Inner Circular Route, Edobashi JCT to Tanimachi JCT via Takebashi JCT Shuto Expressway Route 3 Shibuya Line, Tanimachi JCT to Yoga Exit (Tokyo Interchange) Tōmei Expressway, Tokyo Interchange to Komaki Meishin Expressway, Komaki to Suita via Kyoto Chūgoku Expressway, Suita to Kobe San'yō Expressway, Kobe to Hatsukaichi via Hiroshima
- Hiroshima Expressway (urban expressway), Hatsukaichi to Hatsukaichi Route 1
- 2 Hatsukaichi to Iwakuni
San'yō Expressway, Iwakuni to Yamaguchi Chūgoku Expressway, Yamaguchi to Shimonoseki Kanmonkyo Bridge, Shimonoseki to Kitakyushu Kyushu Expressway, Kitakyushu to Fukuoka Fukuoka Expressway Route 4 Fukuoka Expressway Route 1
From Fukuoka, the Japan–Korea Undersea Tunnel has been proposed to provide a fixed crossing.
The section in South Korea mainly follows the Gyeongbu Expressway. The Highway Boundary of South and North Korea.
- Busan Metropolitan Road 71: Busan-Centre - Busan-Dong-gu
Busan Metropolitan Road 11: Busan-Dong-gu - Busan-Geumjeong-gu Gyeongbu Expressway: Busan-Geumjeong-gu - Gyeongju - Daegu - Daejeon - Seoul-Seocho-gu Seoul Metropolitan Road 41: Seoul-Seocho-gu - Seoul-Gangnam-gu - Seoul-Yongsan-gu Namsan 1st tunnel: Seoul-Yongsan-gu - Seoul-Jung-gu Seoul Metropolitan Road 21: Seoul-Jung-gu - Seoul-Eunpyeong-gu National Route 1: Seoul-Eunpyeong-gu - Panmunjeom
National Highway 304: Dandong G1113 Dandong-Fuxin Expressway: Dandong - Shenyang G1 Beijing-Harbin Expressway: Shenyang- Beijing G4 Beijing–Hong Kong–Macau Expressway: Beijing - Shijiazhuang - Zhengzhou - Xinyang - Wuhan - Changsha - Guangzhou G80 Guangzhou–Kunming Expressway: Guangzhou - Nanning G7211 Nanning–Youyiguan Expressway: Nanning - Youyiguan
Connection to E80
The route AH1 is also marked as
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to AH1.|
- Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific, 2003 Asian Highway Handbook Archived 2012-04-14 at the Wayback Machine., 2003, page 54
- Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific, 2003 Asian Highway Handbook Archived 2012-04-14 at the Wayback Machine., 2003, page 3
- アジアハイウェイ標識の設置場所 (in Japanese). MLIT. Retrieved December 5, 2011.
- Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific,2003 Asian Highway Handbook Archived 2012-04-14 at the Wayback Machine., 2003, page 54 shows an aerial photo of the Yokohama Aoba Interchange, placing AH1 clearly on the Tomei Expressway rather than the other Tokyo-Nagoya expressway, the Chūō Expressway.
- Regional Road Connectivity Bangladesh Perspective (PDF). RHD. Retrieved February 19, 2017.
- "Asian Highway Route Map" (PDF). ESCAP. Retrieved February 19, 2017.