20th Century Fox World (Malaysia)
Current 20th Century Fox World logo
|Location||Resorts World Genting, Pahang, Malaysia|
|Coordinates||3°25′19″N 101°47′40″E / 3.4219212°N 101.7944919°E|
|Theme||Fox entertainment properties|
|Owner||Genting Group (under license from 21st Century Fox)|
|Operated by||Genting Group|
|Opens||Late 2019 (planned)|
|Area||25 acres (10 ha)|
Official website |
20th Century Fox World is an upcoming movie inspired theme park currently under construction at Resorts World Genting, Genting Highlands, Malaysia. The park will become the only functioning 20th Century Fox theme park in the world and the first in Asia upon its expected completion and opening in 2018 which may be delayed to 2019.
Theme park history
20th Century Fox World is a part of Genting Integrated Tourism Plan (GITP) which will see a major 10-year master plan of development, expansion, enhancement and refurbishment of hotels, theme park and infrastructure at Resorts World Genting. The movie theme park was first announced on 26 July 2013 and commenced its construction on 17 December 2013 with a cost of estimated RM1 billion. It replaced the previous Genting Outdoor Theme Park which was closed on 1 September 2013. The theme park has delayed its opening in 2016 to 2018 due to the country's weak currency as press reported.
The theme park will be 250 acres in size and will feature roughly 25 thrill rides and attractions based on diverse films and franchises like Blue Sky Studios' Ice Age and Rio, Life of Pi, Night at the Museum, Planet of the Apes, Alien vs. Predator, Titanic and Sons of Anarchy.
The 20th Century Fox World consists of unique creative concepts featuring more than 25 rides and attractions of a cinematic nature in 3 broad sections on 25-acre of land. Visitors to the theme park will be enthralled by some of the attractions that include action, animation and sci-fi genres and incorporate spectacular special effects from the films.
A specialty store called Fox World Studio Store was officially launched on 21 April 2018 in participation of the soon to be open theme park. The store offers close to 700 official products such as apparel, souvenirs, toys and more from the featured movies' attractions in the theme park. The store spans over 3,000 square feet and located on level 2 of SkyAvenue mall in Resorts World Genting.
- "GENTING MALAYSIA BERHAD - RM5bn Integrated Tourism Plan Unveiled". klse.i3investor.com. December 18, 2013. Retrieved March 15, 2018.
- "Genting resort to get new theme park in $2b masterplan". stasiareport.com. December 18, 2013. Retrieved December 27, 2013.
- "Twentieth Century Fox theme park announced". edition.cnn.com. December 18, 2013. Retrieved December 27, 2013.
- "20th Century Fox Breaks Ground on Theme Park Business with First Resort in Malaysia". variety.com. December 17, 2013. Retrieved January 2, 2014.
- "20th Century Fox World set to open in Dubai in 2018". latimes.com. November 3, 2015. Retrieved March 16, 2018.