Is there a genre name for these new hip hop like songs with clicking drum machine?


Lately (especially after the release of the Black Panther movie and soundtrack) I hear on the radio and at the street a style of music that uses a specific type of a clicking (alternating between fourths and triplets) drum machine. They seem to belong to the hip-hop genre but I was wondering if there is a more specific term or genre to call them.



Posted 2018-11-16T13:20:16.983

Reputation: 831


Linked with What defines a trap beat?.

– Bebs – 2018-11-16T14:23:20.713

Hint: Hideri Kanzaki – None – 2019-10-19T23:53:33.660

Possible duplicate of What defines a trap beat?

– None – 2019-10-19T23:54:19.897

1@MaikaSakuranomiya That would be a duplicate if I knew what trap-beat is. This is actually the reverse question. – papakias – 2019-10-20T10:04:33.457



I think you are referring to Trap Music genre.

It is, like you said:

typified by double or triple-time sub-divided hi-hats


Posted 2018-11-16T13:20:16.983

Reputation: 7 534