When done right, ambient music "must be as ignorable as it is interesting". This makes it one of the best genres of music to listen to while programming or doing another activity that demands a higher level of focus and attention. Below as a few highlights, though you're encouraged to web search the term to find what you like best.
- Aphex Twin is famous for being one of the pioneers of the IDM genre, but he has also released a highly praised collection of ambient tracks entitled Selected Ambient Works 85-92, followed by Selected Ambient Works Volume II.
- Brian Eno basically coined the term "ambient music" at the same time that he released what most critics consider to be the most fine example of the genre to date, Ambient 1: Music for Airports. There is also the eerie Ambient 4: On Land, as well as Music for Films, and an incredibly rich discography if you're looking for more.
- Keygen Music hosts a heap of chiptunes from scene releases groups such as Razor1911, Reloaded and Theta.
- Deltron 3030's Virus, from their album Deltron 3030
- YTCracker was a hacker, now he is a rapper rapping about hacker/internet culture.
- Daft Punk: Who doesn't know these two guys? They also did the OST from Tron: Legacy
- Blade Runner
- Deus Ex
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution
- Hotline Miami a fan-favorite, highly energetic.
- Hotline Miami 2 much quieter, twice as long, but just as slaying of a soundtrack.
- RUINER Really strong cyberpunk vibes in this one.
- Oneohtrix Point Never pretty much created vaporwave in 2010 under the album "Chuck Person's Eccojams Vol. 1" Infamous for their fan-made video by /mu/.
- Vektroid is a vaporwave artist who, often many aliases, has created some remarkable music, including Macintosh Plus-Floral Shoppe.