I sometimes see the phrase "that being said" and I wish to know a little more about it. Especially, when and how can we use this phrase?
Is there a difference if we shorten it to "that said"? In what cases are we allowed to do it?
Is it possible to say the following:
- With that being said, I left the room.
- While that being said, I was driving.
- In that being said, I jumped off the roof.
- As that being said made me fall to my knees and cry.
- That being said, she locked the door and turned off the light.